Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] New Package: util-linux-2.12r-2

Leeuw van der, Tim wrote:
I haven't seen any discussion on this, but I do wonder why does
util-linux bring in a dependancy on Perl?

/usr/bin/chkdupexe: perl script text executable /usr/bin/scriptreplay: perl script text executable

I've so far avoided installing
Perl and don't feel like installing it now either.
And it seems that Perl in turns brings in a dependancy on both libdb4.2
*and* libdb4.3 - this doesn't like right to me either; certainly doesn't
make me happier...

Any good reason for these dependancies? Any (reasonable) way to get rid
of these dependancies?

uncheck perl and click (paraphrased:) "yes I know I'm breaking dependencies but I really know what I'm doing" in setup.exe?

You'd have to do that every time you update util-linux -- but that'll be rare I think.

--
Chuck