RE: Call for testing Cygwin snapshot

Well, what I got from your message was that you were pretty sure that your fix may have addressed the problem, but not 100% sure.  That's why I posted this follow-up; it's possible that Jerry has found a scenario that causes this problem to occur.  Maybe not, but if he can reproduce it it would be worth checking.

I agree that the original patch is a band-aid and shouldn't be applied.  There were some follow-ups to that message that talked about different ways to address the problem, if it turns out that Jerry's problem is the same.

Ernie