RE: Call for testing Cygwin snapshot

On 25 April 2006 21:43, Jerry D. Hedden wrote:

> Ernie Coskrey wrote:
>> it's possible that Jerry has found a scenario that causes this problem to
>> occur. Maybe not, but if he can reproduce it it would be worth checking.
>
> I can reproduce the problem.  That's not the issue.  I cannot provide a
> little test app to produce the problem at will.

  Since nobody else is reporting this problem, it seems pretty unlikely that
anyone else is going to be able to do it for you.

> As for the patch, that's useless - I'm not going to try to learn how to
> build the Cygwin DLL.

  In that case the P clearly EBKAC.

>   However, if anyone can suggest some other
> simple, non-labor-intensive method for gathering more data on this
> problem, I'd be willing to give it a try.

  Sounds like your best bet is to sit there and do nothing.  Yep, that's it.
Thats's *bound* to get the bug fixed.  Why, surely sooner or later someone
else will have the same bug and fix it for you?  All you have to do is just
sit there and wait.  If you get bored watching the tumbleweed roll past, you
could always read

http://cygwin.com/faq/faq.programming.html#faq.programming.building-cygwin

to pass the time.

    cheers,