Re: rsync over ssh hang issue understood

On Apr 27 11:21, Peter Keitler wrote:
<rant> The "rsync hangs" problem is not actually a new one. We had
these reports already ages ago. However, *nobody* so far having that
problem seem to be willing to actually debug this problem and track it
down. Grrr. </rant>
Corinna,

maybe, the amount of files has to be increased in order to provoke the error. I have run my script with only 100 instead of 300 files and it works. Maybe, you can give it a try.

I did and I could reproduce it. Thanks for the testcase. The fix I
applied looks certainly wierd, but it works for me. Would you mind to
give the next snapshot a try which should be available in a couple of
minutes?

Looks good, the new snapshot works for me. Thanks for the patch :-) What was the reason? Race-condition or something like that?
Have a nice day, I will leave the office now...

Peter