RE: PATHs in Windows and Cygwin

You have to set yourself up with a Windows batch script before you can even
start GNU programs.  Take the cygwin.bat in C:\cygwin for example  A simple
batch script like this:

@echo off

C:
set PATH=C:\cygwin\bin;%PATH%

cmd (or command if you're Windows 95/98/ME)

...would be able to locate the cygwin1.dll in C:\cygwin\bin.  That is what
Dave said about what's needed (cygwin1.dll) to run GNU applications.

----
ALSO
----
If the line containing cmd (command) is missing, the prompt would pop up for
a moment and then close.
----

Charli