Problem with rebaseall

I got an error message like "unable to remap C:\cygwin\bin\tk84.dll"
when I tried to install Python Imaging Library.
I searched the website and found that could be resolved by rebasing the system.
Following the instruction on rebaseall, I closed all of the cygwin
windows, opened a new ash shell and ran rebaseall. But I got a message
"rebaseall: only ash processes are allowed during rebasing
"
I even tried restarting system and executing rebaseall immediately. I
wonder what else processes I should close. Can anyone give me a help?
Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Yongtao