Repaint delay/hang of rxvt when closing gvim/vim if ctfmon.exe is running

I'm posting this to get it into the archives in case anyone else has
the same problem.  It took me a long time to figure this out.

If you're running rxvt with a vim/gvim window on top of it and you
close gvim, the rxvt window should redraw immediately.  But if you
have ctfmon.exe running, it will cause about a 1 second hang before
the rxvt window will redraw or respond.

Other applications do not cause this behavior.  For example, closing
notepad.exe does not cause the hang.  In addition, the delay does not
occur in other windows--only rxvt has the delay.

The ctfmon program activates the Alternative User Input Text Input
Processor (TIP).  I guess some interaction between it and gvim and
rxvt causes this delay.  I ended up enabling ctfmon on my system when
I enabled some additional languages in the "Text Services and Input
Languages" of the "Regional and Language Options" application in the
control panel.  Disabling the additional languages got rid of the
problem.