Re: installer: select packages: text background color

Daniel Convissor wrote:
On Sun, Aug 06, 2006 at 06:46:52PM +0000, Eric Blake wrote:
This bug was also reported about a year ago, and fixed about a year
ago.

Great, thanks.

See http://cygwin.com/setup/snapshots/ for a snapshot with
the fix incorporated, and then join the crusade to get the snapshot
tested to the point that it can be released as the next stable version
of setup.exe.

Tried it and the following errors came up:

setup-2.529.exe - Application Error

The instruction at "0x78010adf" referenced memory at "0x00000000". The memory could not be "read".

This sounds suspiciously like a bug I found, that is supposed to be fixed somewhere (at the least, I have a build I did myself that is non-broken). I also found that it only seems to happen with some mirrors, so you might want to try a different one.

However, be aware that the most recent build I've tried still gets the tree-structure color wrong, such that the tree lines and icons are invisible (in my actual colors, they are a different but visually indistinct color, but I have found that some colors make them 100% indistinct).

--
Matthew
And now back to your regularly scheduled e-mail.