Re: Um... what format are Cygwin manpages?

On 8/9/06, mwoehlke wrote:
I thought I'd have a crack at fixing the manpage for printf(3) (see
http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2006-08/msg00288.html), but when I opened
it, I was a bit shocked to discover that it is only *MARGINALLY* in
troff format. I do note that other manpages seem more "normal" (man1
pages, for instance)... So, is this just "how the C lib manpages are"?

Yes, it's sort-of my fault. I just have a perl script that chunks the newlib libc.info files into faux man pages. Be careful with Linux man pages, some are licenced from the Open Group. If so the package should come with a copyright file like this:

http://packages.debian.org/changelogs/pool/non-free/m/manpages-posix/manpages-posix_1.67-3/manpages-posix.copyright

Unfortunately we are not allowed to redistribute those, unless you'd like
to do the legwork to get permission to do so. :)

Also I just posted for upload a new cygwin-doc package before I read
this thread, so there would be more of a delay.