Re: CreateFileMapping Problem

hi,

here is more info

> So, just to be sure about this.  You're claiming that it happens when a
> user already has logged on for a while, is running Cygwin for a while?
> And then the above error just happens at one point?  It does not happen
> at the time the user tries to start his or her first Cygwin process?

time of logon does not seem to be dependend on the time of the error in
our case. neither the time of starting the first cygwin shell if rdesktop
is used. it definately isnt the first cygwin process that errors out.
sometimes we get the error just a few minutes after logon, sometimes a few
hours. as i already mentioned, i have the impression that it seems to
occur more often/earlier as more users are compiling at the same time.
our nightly build, for example, broke at library ~100 out of ~300

> Can you tell me if the users which are logging in through rdesktop
> are Admins, or if they have the SeCreateGlobalPrivilege explicitely set?
> In theory, normal non-Admin users logging in through rdesktop should
> never create global objects, so they shouldn't see the above message.

logging in users through ssh and rdesktop are only member of "users" and
"remote desktop users". after installing sshd with ssh-host-config the
sshd user had the SeCreateGlobalPrivilege flag. using ssh, the cygwin and
the windows whoami binary correctly report the username, not sshd. we had
the CreateFileMapping problem with the default rights windows came with,
so we added the group users to this privilege using gpedit.msc (which btw
is not listed by 'editrights -l -u username'). these settings are still
active.

hope this helps,
andre