Re: logon failure from subauth in 2006-08-02 snapshot

On Aug 10 09:42, David Rothenberger wrote:
> >On Aug  9 11:37, David Rothenberger wrote:
> >>I've noticed repeated logon failures in my Security event log with
> >>the 2006-08-02 snapshot. (I have security auditing enabled.)
> >>
> >>I'm not sure whether this is expected behavior or not.
> >
> >It's expected behaviour if you didn't set up subauthentication.
>
> Okay, I tried to setup subauthentication per
> http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-developers/2006-07/msg00013.html. I
> copied my cygsuba.dll to c:/windows/system32 and added the registry key
> as indicated. Now, I get system error code 126 (ERROR_MOD_NOT_FOUND).
>
> Am I missing something? Or is this one of those cases where I shouldn't
> be even trying if I can't figure it out myself?

You must reboot, otherwise the DLL is not recognized as installed.

When I installed it on my machine I also made the ownership and permissions
identical to another subauthentication DLL, iissuba.dll, just to be sure:

$ getfacl /WINDOWS/system32/cygsuba.dll
# file: /WINDOWS/system32/cygsuba.dll
# owner: admin
# group: SYSTEM