Re: reproducible cygwin memory problems

> could you please write which .c files and which routines should I be looking
> at slightly more specifically? thanks...

These are library functions, so no .c files are involved. Just

  (gdb) break sbrk
  (gdb) break mmap

then visit text and image files as suggested and see which of these
breakpoint actually breaks.

well, as you probably remember one cannot run cvs emacs in gdb as this immediately crashes x windows in cygwin.

I do wish there would be someone more knowledgeble then me doing the testing with cygwin, now that we've made some progress. I am worried that I may be missing something elementary and waisting your time. installing cygwin and then cvs gnu emacs would take a few minutes only... anyway, am happy to keep trying.