Re: change in behavior of make from 3.80 to 3.81

On Wed, 16 Aug 2006, Corinna Vinschen wrote:

> On Aug 16 11:35, William A. Hoffman wrote:
>
> > >I'm honestly confused.  Why would it better to have another Cygwin
> > >distro maintainer for a package instead of getting the patches
> > >included upstream?  This makes no sense at all.  If my head wouldn't
> > >be fixed to my neck, it would actually fall down from all the shaking
> > >now.
> >
> > Because it would be easy.  A small patch and everything goes back
> > to the way it was.   I also think this is a unique cygwin issue and
> > the upstream maintainers may not be interested in it.
>
> http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2006-07/msg00879.html
>
> That doesn't actually sound like the make maintainer is not interested
> in patches...

Not only that, but the upstream maintainer actually suggested a couple of
avenues of investigation to make the patch smaller by using functionality
already built into the upstream make.  All that remains is for someone to
actually "do the work" (tm).
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/