Re: Control which drives are visible under Cygwin/OpenSSH?

Thomas J Magliery PhD wrote:
Hello, I have just installed the latest Cygwin and OpenSSH on my Windows XP Pro SP2 machine so that I can SSH into my data files from elsewhere. Works great. However, I would like to block access to my other drives (programs, backups), just in case this gets hacked. Is that possible? Thank you. Tom

You would really want to control that through Windows permissions, since it's the O/S and not Cygwin that ultimately controls access to these resources. You don't want users to be able to work-around your security settings by using a DOS/Windows tool. ;-) You can, of course, use Cygwin tools like 'setfacl' to manipulate file and directory permissions if that suits you. Otherwise, the GUI and/or 'cacls' will allow you to do similar manipulations.

Holliston, MA 01746