Re: mount usb drive for all user

I've seen this with the removable CD ROM drive on my laptop. If I log in as another user, the CD ROM drive is not accessible. Seems the O/S decides on the basis of login time to whom it should give the device. If only one user is logged in, they get it. If two users are logged in, the first one sees the drive but the second cannot access it. I don't know if this is the same problem, but you might want to look into it. It may be related to evil windows media player. Then again, it might just be a security 'enhancement'. Probably there is a way to permanently mount the drive so that it can be accessed by all users, but I don't know how to do that.

Hi folk,

I have the problem that I could not see the files as normal user form a
mounted usb drive.

After the usb drive is attaced to the computer it is mountet and I could
use it under windows. I could also use the mounted drive unter the admin
account who installed cygwin.

But as a normal user I have no access to the drive. The mount point
looks like an empty directory.

Cygwin is installed for all users, so that also a normal user should see
the data on the drive.

What could I do to get it run?

Thank for any help

Franz

IMPORTANT
I will read replies only from the mailing list.
If you send me email directly it will be deleted.