Re: cygwin fork()

On Fri, Sep 01, 2006 at 09:09:11AM -0700, clayne@anodized.com wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 01, 2006 at 11:54:03AM -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> > >It's definitely none of those as I don't run any firewall or antivirus
> > >software whatsoever on this box. Windows 2003 Server, minimal set of
> > >services. The machine literally sits at 0% CPU unless I'm using it.
> >
> > Try using binary mounts instead of text mounts.
> >
> > cgf

BTW:
I started up filemon to watch what was going on from it's standpoint, and it
shows a huge number of READs on libtool, all SUCCESS, but the offset is always
1 higher than previous, with a length of 1. Like it's literally reading the file
1 byte at a time, then incrementing the offset - until it has fully been read.

-cl