Re: Problems with bind and UDP server

On Sep 27 17:14, Anonymous wrote:
> [...]
> I compile and run net-snmp under cygwin (I have net-snmp 5.3.0.1).
> The server snmpd by default uses UDP port 161. I now have the most
> recent cygwin DLL and the server snmpd seems no longer to work.
>
> I think I tracked down the problem to the bind command. For a
> "very simple test" I used Beej's socket programming examples.
> I give the listings at the end of the message.
>
> http://beej.us/guide/bgnet/output/htmlsingle/bgnet.html#listen
>
> The listener program works fine on regular Linux and with older
> cygwin DLLs ..... but under the latest it returns an error.
> Has something changed?

I tried your below example under 1.5.21 and with a more recent developer
version of Cygwin and the tests run fine in both cases:

  $ ./udp-listener.exe
				   $ ./udp-talker.exe localhost blah
				   sent 4 bytes to 127.0.0.1
  got packet from 127.0.0.1
  packet is 4 bytes long
  packet contains "blah"

If there's a bug, it's not triggered by this test.  If it triggers
the problem on your machine, I'd assume the influence of some other
piece of software (firewall, virus scanner, etc)

Corinna

> listener.c
> ====
> /*
> ** listener.c -- a datagram sockets "server" demo
> */
> [...]

Red Hat