Does exit code 53 mean missing DLLs?

Hello,

I have built a complicated piece of code that depends on several 3rd party libs. When I run it, however, it exits prematurely with no output to stdout nor stderr, no corefile, nothing. But the exit status is always 53.

I'm beginning to wonder if this is telling me something ;-)

I realized later that I have linked against some DLLs that aren't in a standard place. I expected to get some kind of "cannot find DLL" error at startup, but perhaps "error 53" is the way windows tells me this?

Thanks,
-Steve

P.S. What's the equivalent of linux's "ldd" for cygwin?