RE: Perl Device::SerialPort problem

#1.  The explanation you have been given isn't true.  Cygwin has no problem
with blank spaces in file names.  Bash, on the other hand, *does*, because a
space is what you use to separate words on the command line.  This is exactly
the same on Linux as it is on Cygwin.

  Of course, the /real/ bug is in whatever (CPAN?) invoked sh passing it a
commandline with spaces and forgetting that you have to either quote the path
or escape the spaces.

#2.  You can just create /home, then edit your /etc/passwd entry so that it
points to /home/<your user name>.  See

http://www.cygwin.com/faq/faq-nochunks.html#faq.setup.home

    cheers,
      DaveK