findutils regression between versions 4.2.27-1 and 4.3.1-3

I have a DVD-R disk on to which I have recorded a hierarchy of directories and files.

I then put the DVD-R into a DVD drive, and change directory to the top level of the DVD drive.

If I run "find -noleaf -type d" over this DVD-R using findutils 4.3.1-3, it does NOT find all the files.

If I run "find -noleaf -type d" over this DVD-R using findutils 4.2.27-1, it DOES find all the files.

In the failing case, it misses out entire directories.

The directory structure on the disk is like this

 builds/
   20060201.1234/
     (various files)
     linux/
       (various files)
     win32/
       (various files)
   20060301.1245/
     (various files)
     linux/
       (various files)
     win32/
       (various files)
   20060401.1256/
     (various files)
     linux/
       (various files)
     win32/
       (various files)
   20060501.1207/
     (various files)
     linux/
       (various files)
     win32/
       (various files)

In the failing case, we do not see any files from any of the four "win32" directories.

The older version (4.2.27-1) works just fine and finds all of the files.

This find operation is part of a larger procedure which I have iterated over many many times for months and months (probably years) without problem.

What has happened is that, following a Cygwin update, I suddenly started to experience problems.

The problem smelled like a "find" problem, so I tried to the older version and, lo, the problem goes away with the older version.

Regards,

Bill
--
This message is subject to Tao's e-mail terms ( http://e.tao-group.com/1 )