RE: emacs trouble

On 13 December 2006 10:30, Gary wrote:

> Hi Lorenzo
>
> I have the same problem, but using rxvt instead of the normal console
> cures it so I went with that. Something to do with keyboard layout,
> possibly, since I am using a German kbd and I imagine you are using an
> Italian one?
>
> For anyone interested in solving this rather than working around it:
> FWIW it is the C-c that doesn't work, not C-x.

  Problems with process group control in DOS terminals but not rxvt etc?
Sounds like you both need CYGWIN=tty, doesn't it?

http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using-cygwinenv.html

(no)tty - if set, Cygwin enables extra support (i.e., termios) for UNIX-like
ttys in the Windows console. It is not compatible with some Windows programs.
Defaults to not set, in which case the tty is opened in text mode. Note that
this has been changed such that ^D works as expected instead of ^Z, and is
settable via stty. This option must be specified before starting a Cygwin
shell and it cannot be changed in the shell. It should not be set when using
other terminals (i.e., rxvt or xterm).

    cheers,
      DaveK