Re: Cygwin slower on one computer

Hugh McMaster wrote:

Have you tried enabling the large Windows memory cache option?  This
should increase your Cygwin compile time immensely.  The build time is
also related, as you know, to what else is taking CPU time.

No, I haven't, as the test isn't (or shouldn't be) I/O bound. The first run can be a bit slower, but following runs are quicker, and appear to run entirely from the filesystem cache (and those are the ones I timed). And I've run the tests on an idle system.

Magnus