Re: Weird cosmetic bug after viewing bash man page

On 12/15/06, Buchbinder, Barry (NIH/NIAID) [E] wrote:
Aaron Humphrey wrote on Friday, December 15, 2006 5:34 PM:
> Oddly enough, it seems to.  In fact, just adding the '-c' option to
> NROFF in man.conf, without having to remove '-Tlatin' or add the '2>
> /dev/null' (which I'm not sure would work under tcsh anyway).
> That is, man stops bolding too many things, and it turns off properly
> when I exit.

> So why do I have to 'revert to the old behaviour of grotty', which is
> what the nroff -c seems to be doing, before man will bold things
> properly?

No idea.  But does it fix the prompt problem?  (Or has that already been
fixed and I missed it?)

Yes, running man with -c in the NROFF options no longer leaves text bolded after man exits, if that's the prompt problem you're talking about. (Though it affects the text typed after the prompt, not just the prompt itself...)

--
--Alfvaen (Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Current Album--Eight Seconds:Almacantar