RE: bash, rxvt and interactive shells not exiting as expected

On 19 December 2006 23:43, Jason Curl wrote:

> Now, AFAICT rxvt should be starting bash as a login shell in interactive
> mode. When I close the window from RXVT, a SIGHUP should be sent to
> bash, and according to the manpages from bash this should also cause
> SIGHUPs to all the other processes (e.g. effectively stopping everything
> from "log.sh"). I've also tried setting "shopt -s huponexit" but this
> doesn't have the effect I need.
>
> Instead, what I see is that after the RXVT shell is closed, there are
> still at least the first two processes that were started in the
> background are still running! I had expected them to quit.
>
> Any ideas?

  See this thread:

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Re%3A+Bash+process+remains+after+I+close+rxvt
+in+certain+ways&sourceid=mozilla-search&start=0&start=0&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&cli
ent=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official

particularly http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2006-12/msg00211.html

  Dunno if the test version is out yet.  Haven't looked.

    cheers,
      DaveK