From: cygwin-owner@cygwin.com [mailto:cygwin-owner@cygwin.com] On Behalf
Of Brian Hassink
Sent: Sunday, December 24, 2006 8:54 AM
To: cygwin@cygwin.com
Subject: Similar problem (was RE: Need some help on a thread issue - is
it application problem or cygthread or my installation)

Hmmm, I've just run into the exact same problem with an app I'm working
on...

      5 [sig] mud 3264 C:\cygwin\home\admin\smudge-0.1.0\bin\smudge.exe:
*** fatal error - called with threadlist_ix -1
./go: line 2:  3264 Hangup                  ./bin/smudge.exe

...but in my case, things were working fine up until I did clean build.
I then rolled back my changes, but the problem persists.  I've since
tried newer and older cygwin snapshots, still with no luck.

I wasn't able to get a backtrace via gdb, but resorting to logs revealed
the problem occurring when calling into to the boost file system library
(specifcally, making a path iterator).  In searches on this list and
google, this thread problem, when seen, seems to be somehow related to
directories.

Is anyone else seeing this with the cygwin 1-5-23-2?

Thanks,
Brian