From: cygwin-owner@cygwin.com [mailto:cygwin-owner@cygwin.com] On Behalf
Of DePriest, Jason R.
Sent: Friday, January 05, 2007 5:21 PM
To: cygwin@cygwin.com
Subject: Re: CR/LF problems after upgrade

On 1/5/07, fschmidt  wrote:
> Okay, how can I set SHELLOPTS before invoking bash?  I tried it in the
> /etc/profile but that didn't work.
>
> --

You admit to not understanding or wanting to understand Unix.  What
about Windows?

It took me less than 60 seconds to figure this one out.

Create a new Windows System Environment variable called SHELLOPTS and
set it to igncr.

When you run cygwin's bash, it will keep that value and add the others
in.

Depending on your network structure, you can automate this across all
of the other dev's systems with a login script, AD GPO, or even a
locally run script that access their registries remotely assuming you
have admin.

-Jason