RE: activestate perl on cygwin

> But it is a bad idea to use ActiveState under Cygwin. Would you prefer
> if we lied to you?

No, I'd prefer you answer my question. I can't use Activestate perl on
cygwin by not using Activestate perl on cygwin. Do you see the
contradiction?

>> My scripts are written to make my life on Windows easier, so that
>> means using Windows specific code to automate common tasks.
> But you really don't need to do such things in a "Windows specific" way!
> I used to run my whole domain under Cygwin. Apache for my web server,
> exim for a mail server, Cygwin's own inetutils for ftp, ssh, etc.
> Everything ran fine albeit a bit slower due to the fact that Cygwin is
> an emulation environment.

Seeing as how you don't know what common tasks I am trying to automate,
I don't see how you can presume to know the scripts do not have to be
written in a Windows specific way. Suppose your theory is that any script
written for Windows can be written to work with Linux. As I stated earlier,
I do not wish to port my existing scripts to cygwin.

> And if the real, long term, more portable solution is to use a Cygwin
> based, thus more normal Perl...

I'm asking for the short term solution.

> Answers were provided to you. Apparently they don't tickle your fancy.
> People have commented on that wrapper script that you posted. I still
> don't see what your problem is. If your Perl script expects
> C:\mydir\foo.dat then give it C:\mydir\foo.dat. Of course you'll need to
> do that under a cmd shell or, for Cygwin's bash shell you'll need to
> double the backslashes (C:\\mydir\\foo.dat) or use forward slashes
> (C:/mydir/foo.dat). If you insist on giving your Perl script
> /cygdrive/c/mydir/foo.dat then perhaps your Perl script should expect
> that and translate it. A quick Perl subroutine to do that shouldn't be
> that hard to code.

Other posts have indicated how this is not possible. Executing a script
That appears in my $PATH will automatically expand using cygwin style
pathing. Answers were provided, but not to my original question. I still
have no way to execute the command below and a regular script on cygwin
using Activestate.

perl -e 'print join "\n", @INC, "\n";'