Re: Snapshot speed on managing files

Hi Corinne,
I found the reason for the long time needed to delete
files on my machine:
It is fault of the antivirus, but the crazy thing
is that the performance is orrible when it is
disabled,
and reasonable when it is enabled.

The bin filling have no effect, I tried on the home
PC,
filling the bin with gigabytes and the timing was
always 2-3 secs.
No difference for the network logon.

Snapshot 20070110

Standalone
VirusScan Enterprise 8.0.0 On Access Scanner Enabled

$ time rm -rf testdir

real    0m5.217s
user    0m0.120s
sys     0m0.951s

Standalone
VirusScan Enterprise 8.0.O On Access Scanner Disabled

$ time rm -rf testdir

real    1m40.865s
user    0m0.050s
sys     0m0.170s

Network
VirusScan Enterprise 8.0.O On Access Scanner Enabled

$ time rm -rf testdir

real    0m4.676s
user    0m0.150s
sys     0m0.791s

Network
VirusScan Enterprise 8.0.O On Access Scanner Disabled

$ time rm -rf testdir

real    1m41.125s
user    0m0.030s
sys     0m0.210s

Regards
Marco

PS: sorry for the broken followup, but I subscribed on
yesterday after all your replies.