Re: Problem open(...) serial port /dev/com20 and tcgetattr(...)

On Jan 17 13:18, Stan Pinte wrote:
> Dear Corinna,
>
> Thanks for your quick follow-up!
>
> I tried the more POSIXy /dev/ttySxx, and they work until /dev/ttyS16.
> This, and the next ones (I tested up to ttyS20) fail with a "No such
> file or directory" error.
>
> One note: I am using VSPD5 from eltima software to create virtual serial
> ports under windows XP. However, all my other windows applications seem
> to be perfectly able to taok to these virtuals serial ports.

Hmm, I can only test up to COM16.  Cygwin allows names up to /dev/ttyS63
and converts them up to \\.\com64.  The conversion works, but the Windows
function to open the device fails when I use ports > \\.\com16.  Which
makes sense, given that only COM1 - COM16 exist on the system.

Sorry, but you're on your own here.  Somebody who has more ports has to
debug this.  http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#PTC

Corinna

Red Hat