Re: perl problem with cygwin path

DePriest, Jason R. wrote:
On 4/5/07, Mike R Brown wrote:

Dave,
Activestate perl is not installed on that box. The first thing I checked for.
The only Perl is installed /use/bin/perl. A 'which perl' also confirms that.
Another thing I did to confirm this is rename the perl.exe under /usr/bin/ and
copy the perl.exe from the other box into this location. The scripts now all
work correctly. The rogue perl is coming from the Cygwin setup program.

Mike

--

If you do a full system search for 'perl.exe' does it find any other
copies sitting around?

-Jason

--

Jason,
Nope. With a current updatedb locate found one perl.exe under /usr/bin. When I renamed this perl.exe to perly.exe and copied the version that worked from my machine and did a version check while in /usr/bin I get

./perly - v   returned 5.8.8 (original questionable perl)
./perl -v     returned 5.8.7 (perl from working box)

Everything I have checked points to just one Perl installation. So maybe the question here is where did this version come from? Shouldn't these avaiable mirrors present the same packages? I understand that there may be delays as things are pushed out but this package seems to be in the future or from some other source. I looked at the cygwin-announce list and didn't see any recent perl packages being pushed out so where did this version come from? What ever it is it does not seem to be Cygwin friendly.

Thanks,
Mike