Re: Suggestion for run (with patch)

Adye, TJ (Tim) wrote:

If that did what we wanted, then we wouldn't need the run package in the first place. The run command hides the console for console applications (or at least those that Windows thinks of as console applications) like xterm. "cmd" gives you that pesky console.

Well, cgf spoke against the patch and I'm not convinced of the benefits that a native version of run would have. Actually if you need a program that hides the console you should better take run and strip all the cygwin code in it and package it. The code is very complicated to read and therefore I'd not include patches which are not needed for the actual cygwin distribution.