Re: tcsh-6.15.00-1 can't find cat, cut, sed

On Apr 13 16:23, Keith Thompson wrote:
> I just upgraded to tcsh 6.15.00-1.  When I start a login shell,
> I get the following error messages:
>
> cat: Command not found.
> cut: Command not found.
> cat: Command not found.
> cut: Command not found.
> sed: Command not found.
>
> (The command I use to do this is
>     "C:\cygwin\bin\rxvt.exe -fn 9x15 -fb 9x15bold -e /bin/tcsh -l"
> executed from a Windows shortcut in my Start menu.)
>
> I've tracked this down to the script "/etc/profile.d/complete.tcsh",
> which is invoked from "/etc/csh.cshrc".  The complete.tcsh script
> assumes that $PATH / $path has been set, when in fact it has not.
> This is new code in complete.tcsh; it wasn't there before I upgraded
> to tcsh-6.15.00-1 (and "cygcheck -f /etc/profile.d/complete.tcsh"
> prints "tcsh-6.15.00-1").

Hang on, I'm wondering how this is supposed to be a bug.  When you start
a local Cygwin shell, the cygwin.bat script sets $PATH for you, so that
it contains /bin.  You could easily start rxvt the same way.  I'm not
exactly happy to create a special Cygwin complete.tcsh script, which
diverges that much from the upstream version, just because the shell is
called with a wrongly set $PATH.

Corinna

Red Hat