Re: Setup.exe Problems on Vista

On 5/3/07, Dave Korn wrote:
On 02 May 2007 22:37, Michael D. Adams wrote:

> This is a bit of a bummer.  I can't reproduce the error anymore.  I
> have absolutely no idea what changed.  I moved the old version out of
> the way and cleaned the registry, but the bug still won't appear.  I
> guess just hope the next person to run into this bug will have an
> easier time figuring out the problem.
>
> In the mean time here's hoping the bug stays away for good,

Let's hope so.

Just on the offchance, do you have any of these installed?

Sonic Solutions burning software containing DLA component

Norton/MacAffee/Symantec antivirus or antispyware

Logitech webcam software with "Logitech process monitor" service

Kerio, Agnitum or ZoneAlarm Personal Firewall

Iolo System Mechanic/AntiVirus/Firewall

LanDesk

Windows Defender

Embassy Trust Suite fingerprint reader software wxvault.dll

Norton A/V and Window Defender, but I've seen this problem even on machines that don't have Norton.

Michael D. Adams
mdmkolbe@gmail.com