This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Problem compiling cygwin-1.5.24-2
- From: Lewis Hyatt <lhyatt at princeton dot edu>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2007 17:27:19 -0400
- Subject: Re: Problem compiling cygwin-1.5.24-2
- References: <E1HvfFj-0001rB-Rc@seven.dserv.ca> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Olivier Langlois wrote:
I kinda isolated the weird file access problem. The corruption seems to come
from the setup.exe program as if I download manually
cygwin-1.5.24-2-src.tar.bz2, unzip and untar it manually, the permissions
for all files are ok.
"Corruption" isn't quite accurate. When you download source files,
setup.exe puts them in /usr/src, which is a managed mount, to insure
that Windows-incompatible file names can still be preserved. If you copy
files from /usr/src outside of cygwin, then the filenames will become
mangled. If you use cygwin's cp to copy them, then there should be no
problems unless some of the filenames are not legal Windows filenames.
That's probably what was happening here.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html