RE: Problem with /proc/registry

Bengt-Arne Fjellner wrote:
> Hi When trying to check some keys in the registry I ran into some
> problems System is winxp and it doesn't matter if I'm administrator
> Or not.
>
> ls -la /proc/registry/HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SYSTEM/MountedDevices/
> Gives a long list of:
> ls: cannot access
> /proc/registry/HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SYSTEM/MountedDevices/\??\Volume{8
> 38be
> 37a-f0e7-11db-8f46-000f1fe9abb4}: No such file or directory
>
> And the entries later looks like:
> ??????????  ? ?               ?       ?            ?
> \??\Volume{df4d791a-290c-11da-b3c8-806d6172696f
>
> Is this a known problem or is it just me?
>
> --
> Bengt-Arne Fjellner

It's not just U; it's WinXP privileges.  Just being an administrator
doesn't automatically give U all the authorization U need to do
anything U want.  U may have to add privileges in order to look at
those keys.  I'm not sure how to go about doing that, but U can
probably find more pertinent information on microsoft.com (or google
for non-mirosoft information).

Goss ... Innovation for Business

NOTICE: This e-mail and any attachment(s) may contain confidential and proprietary information of Goss International Corporation and/or its subsidiaries and may be legally privileged. This e-mail is intended solely for the addressee. If you are not the addressee, dissemination, copying or other use of this e-mail or any of its content is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended recipient please inform the sender immediately and destroy the e-mail and any copies. All liability for viruses is excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender. No contract may be construed by this e-mail.