This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: All Cygwin versions:How do I modify the Cygwin information stored in the registry?
- From: "Buchbinder, Barry (NIH/NIAID) [E]" <BBuchbinder at niaid dot nih dot gov>
- To: <Helge dot Kleve at t-online dot de>, <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 07:35:50 -0400
- Subject: RE: All Cygwin versions:How do I modify the Cygwin information stored in the registry?
- References: <1HyNxk-0baTUO0@fwd30.aul.t-online.de>
From: Helge Kleve@xxx; Sent: Wednesday, June 13, 2007 4:12 AM
> Hello, I have tried to set a variable in the windows registry for the
mounting of cygwin directories.
> This is to have the possibility to switch between different cygwin
installations without changing the registry.
> But is way don't work!!
> It seems that it is the Type REG_EXPAND_SZ that causes the error.
> Is it possible that the Type REG_EXPAND_SZ is not right support by
>I will switch between a local installation and a installion on a net
drive and to change a environment variable is a easy way to do this job.
> thanks for help
Do not edit the registry for cygwin. Use mount, umount, and regtool*.
In this case, you will probably only need mount. Launch cygwin from a
batch file that sets up the mount table before launching bash (or
whatever shell you are using).
* regtool example:
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html