This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: cron-4.1-5
- From: "Pierre A. Humblet" <Pierre dot Humblet at ieee dot org>
- To: <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Cc: "\"Jared Silva\"" <jayrod at gmail dot com>
- Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 12:37:56 -0400
- Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: cron-4.1-5
Jared Silva wrote
> Pierre A. Humblet wrote:
>> Add support for the /etc/cron.d directory.
>> (with thanks to Thomas Berger)
> Can you please provide (or point to) a detailed explanation of the
> change and its impact?
cron also scans the /etc/cron.d directory and processes the crontab files within.
They must have the same format as /etc/crontab (i.e. include a user in each entry).
This is an extension of the posix mandated functionality of cron and it is
apparently expected by some packages. The advantage compared to adding entries
in /etc/crontab is that each file can specify its own environment variables.
There is no impact on existing installations.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html