This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: ssh problem with cygwin - works OK with linux
- From: "Andrew Hodgson" <andrewh at betgenius dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2007 17:09:39 +0100
- Subject: Re: ssh problem with cygwin - works OK with linux
- References: <4672E602.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: andrewh at betgenius dot com
$ ssh -v brian@<work winXP IP>
OpenSSH_4.6p1, OpenSSL 0.9.8e 23 Feb 2007
debug1: Connecting to <work winXP IP> port 22.
debug1: connect to address <work winXP IP> port 22: Connection timed out
ssh: connect to host <work winXP IP> port 22: Connection timed out
This suggests that port forwarding isn't correctly set up. The
connection is just timing out, it's not a problem with SSH (as you've
demonstrated by connecting from inside the network).
Check with your sysadmins and ask about the port forwarding for that IP.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html