This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Smartmontools don't work with /dev/stX, /dev/nstX
- From: Christian Franke <Christian dot Franke at t-online dot de>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2007 17:00:16 +0200
- Subject: Re: Smartmontools don't work with /dev/stX, /dev/nstX
- References: <20070617115624.GA31947@calimero.vinschen.de>
Corinna Vinschen wrote:
On Cygwin the device names for tapes are /dev/stX and /dev/nstX.
Smartmontools require to use /dev/tapeX. Any problem to change
that so that the /dev/stX, /dev/nstX syntax works on Cygwin as well?
No problem, easy to fix. I will add this.
ATA/SCSI autodetection is also still missing, therefore it is required
to use /dev/hdX for ATA, and /dev/sdX for SCSI (or ATA behind SATL) disks.
This is also not consistent with Cygwin's device names, but more
difficult to fix.
BTW: For programs like smartmontools, hdparm or sdparm, which need
I/O-controls unsupported by Cygwin, it would be useful to rely on
Is there a function to obtain the Windows HANDLE from a Cygwin fd (the
opposite of cygwin_attach_handle_to_fd())?
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html