This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: 1.5.24-2 (locale.h): Compilation ERRORs ?!
- From: "Dave Korn" <dave dot korn at artimi dot com>
- To: <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 17:07:33 +0100
- Subject: RE: 1.5.24-2 (locale.h): Compilation ERRORs ?!
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 18 June 2007 16:35, Alexey Lyubimov wrote:
> Dave Korn wrote:
>> You forgot to tell it to link against libintl. Try
>> $ gcc -o gt -g main.c -lintl
> Thanks Dave! It works!
> But what do you think about this text from the gettext
> manual, I've taken the example from:
> "Compile as usual with gcc -o hello hello.c. The
> program should be linked to the GNU libintl library,
> but as this is part of the GNU C library, THIS IS DONE
> AUTOMATICALLY for you under Linux, and OTHER SYSTEMS
> USING GLIBC."
Cygwin is not "Linux [ ... or ... ] other systems using glibc", so on cygwin
it is not the case that "this is done automatically".
Can't think of a witty .sigline today....
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html