This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: ssh appending CR to ouptut
- From: "Larry Hall (Cygwin)" <reply-to-list-only-lh at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 22:10:26 -0400
- Subject: Re: ssh appending CR to ouptut
- References: <46788A1A.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Julian Neil wrote:
Under Windows Server 2003, ssh appends CR to some command outputs (eg
when I execute hostname). This is causing some of my scripts to fail. I
have tried fiddling with the CYGWIN environment variable, but it doesn't
seem to help.
Attached are some simple test cases and cygcheck output.
Yes. First, send problem reports to the Cygwin list. The Cygwin apps list
is for packaging issues and 'setup.exe' discussions/issues. Please respect
the Reply-To I've set and remove cygwin-apps from the recipient list if you
intend to follow-up on this thread.
Second, install the 'coreutils' package. You're calling the Windows
'hostname' executable. You need the Cygwin one.
Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com
RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
216 Dalton Rd. (508) 893-9889 - FAX
Holliston, MA 01746
> Q: Are you sure?
>> A: Because it reverses the logical flow of conversation.
>>> Q: Why is top posting annoying in email?
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html