Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: ddrescue-1.4-1

Tom Rodman wrote:
On Tue 6/19/07 10:23 +0200 cygwin@cygwin.com wrote:
Version 1.4-1 of ddrescue has been uploaded.
(http://www.gnu.org/software/ddrescue/ddrescue.html)

I'm a big fan of ddrescue, thanks for the tool! I used it recently under linux to repair an image hard disk that contained an NTFS file system.

But how do you prevent windows from accessing the drive your
running cygwin ddrescue on? Or to you just assume no windows OS
process is going to touch the extra drive you have attached to your PC? I assume that is the approach, right? Or is there
a way to unmount a hard drive in windows (say for a SCSI drive)?

To unmount drive X: try

mountvol X: /D

Christian