This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: cygrunsrv -S sshd fails not started
- From: gga <ggarra at advancedsl dot com dot ar>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 23:55:33 -0300
- Subject: Re: cygrunsrv -S sshd fails not started
- References: <email@example.com> <Pine.SOC.firstname.lastname@example.org> <Pine.SOC.email@example.com>
KAYVEN RIESE wrote:
> On Thu, 21 Jun 2007, KAYVEN RIESE wrote:
>> kayve@kayve-PC ~
>> $ cygrunsrv -S sshd
>> cygrunsrv: Error starting a service: QueryServiceStatus: Win32 error
>> The service has not been started.
Check /var/log/sshd.log. There's probably more info why it failed there.
You can also try starting the daemon manually for testing, as an
administrator like (this will output more verbose info to the console):
> /usr/sbin/sshd -d -d -d -D
A common cause for that query problem is one of your config files having
a wrong configuration, for example.
P.S. Installing openssh on cygwin has been nothing but a huge pain for
me, as the docs are mostly worthless.
AMD4400 - ASUS48N-E
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html