This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: Help compiling gcc 4.2.0
- From: "Dave Korn" <dave dot korn at artimi dot com>
- To: <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2007 10:14:24 +0100
- Subject: RE: Help compiling gcc 4.2.0
- References: <loom.20070621T223937email@example.com>
On 21 June 2007 21:47, Lee Rhodes wrote:
> I am struggling with the infamous unix/dos end-of-line '\r\n' vs '\n'
> incompatibilities. It seems that no matter what shell I use (bash, sh,
> Cygwin, rxvt, dos) that the gnu make utility throws errors when it sees the
> '\r' CR character.
> Do I have to convert ALL the downloaded files into the unix format
Nope, what you have to do is you have to /not/ use winzip to unpack the
archives. Use cygwin's command-line tar utility.
Can't think of a witty .sigline today....
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html