This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: multitail-5.1.1-1: View one or multiple files like tail but with multiple windows.
- From: "Dr. Volker Zell" <dr dot volker dot zell at oracle dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Cc: Folkert van Heusden <folkert at vanheusden dot com>
- Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2007 15:53:48 +0200
- Subject: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: multitail-5.1.1-1: View one or multiple files like tail but with multiple windows.
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
A new version of 'multitail' has been uploaded to a server near you.
* Update to latest upstream version
* errors in error popups would not fit sometimes
* moving to the beginning of the first line when it is longer then the screenwidth would not work in scrollback
* searching would not work when you were halfway a line in scrollback
* searching in the scrollback window can now open a new window as well
* removed 3 memoryleaks
* added colorscheme for acpitail
MultiTail lets you view one or multiple files like the original tail
program. The difference is that it creates multiple windows on your
console (with ncurses). It can also monitor wildcards: if another file
matching the wildcard has a more recent modification date, it will
automatically switch to that file. That way you can, for example,
monitor a complete directory of files. Merging of 2 or even more
logfiles is possible.
It can also use colors while displaying the logfiles (through regular
expressions), for faster recognition of what is important and what not.
Multitail can also filter lines (again with regular expressions) and
has interactive menus for editing given regular expressions and
deleting and adding windows. One can also have windows with the output
of shell scripts and other software. When viewing the output of
external software, MultiTail can mimic the functionality of tools like
'watch' and such.
To update your installation, click on the "Install Cygwin now" link on the
http://cygwin.com/ web page. This downloads setup.exe to your system.
Save it and run setup, answer the questions and pick up 'multitail' from
the 'Utils' or 'Text' category (it should already be selected).
Note that downloads from sources.redhat.com (aka cygwin.com) aren't
allowed due to bandwidth limitations. This means that you will need to
find a mirror which has this update, please choose the one nearest to you:
If you want to make a point or ask a question the Cygwin mailing list is
the appropriate place.
Dr. Volker Zell
volunteer cygwin multitail maintainer
CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO:
To unsubscribe to the cygwin-announce mailing list, look at the
"List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the email header of this message. Send email
to the address specified there. It will be in the format:
If you need more information on unsubscribing, start reading here:
Please read *all* of the information on unsubscribing that is available
starting at this URL.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html