This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: noweb under cygwin
- From: Francky Leyn <Francky at Leyn dot eu>
- To: Eric Blake <ebb9 at byu dot net>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Cc: Francky Leyn <Francky at Leyn dot eu>
- Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 14:16:35 +0200
- Subject: Re: noweb under cygwin
- References: <467F7C5C.8050801@Leyn.eu> <467FAF46.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Eric Blake wrote:
You are omnipresent in all many newsgroups?
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
According to Francky Leyn on 6/25/2007 2:27 AM:
I'm a user of the literate programming tool noweb
It's a pitty this program isn't included in the cygwin
Could you please consider to take up the program
suite in the cygwin distribution?
Since you want it so much, why don't you volunteer to become the cygwin
I think other people have far better skills and competence than I do to
1) tackle the problem in the first place
2) do it in a clean way, according to the high GNU standards.
I want to note that noweb uses a plethora of scripting languages and
porting is thus probably only reserved for the happy few. I know by start
it will be to difficult for me.
noweb would be a VERY nice addition to the cygwin suite. In the literate
programming world, it is the tool of first or second choice. If you are
to freak and want ultimate control you use Knuths tool. If you just want a
straightforward tool, you use noweb. noweb has a very nice extendable and
Don't work too hard, make some time for fun as well!
Eric Blake email@example.com
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.5 (Cygwin)
Comment: Public key at home.comcast.net/~ericblake/eblake.gpg
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html