Missing cygwin1.dll per local install attempt

I visited http://www.cygwin.com/setup.exe and downloaded the file to a folder called c:\temp\cygwin on my WinXP system.

I ran it, selected the option to download installation files only (do not actually install) and directed Cygwin to download the files to c:\temp\cygwin

Selected my preferred mirror, and selected a FULL "install".

After all files were downloaded, I copied the c:\temp\cygwin directory to a USB stick and put it in a system not connected to the Internet.

I copied the cygwin folder from the USB stick to c:\cygwin

I ran setup from c:\cygwin (i.e. the hard drive) and told it to perform a local install.

At the end, while trying to run the post install scripts, it kept complaining it could not find cygwin1.dll.

After acknowledging the error a few times, Cygwin presented the Congrats! window and offered to put a cygwin shortcut on the desktop and my start menu.

Why could it not install the cygwin1.dll? I've used cygwin for years, and I think this is the first time I've come across this.

I did perform google searching on this, but found a couple messages from 2001 and 2003 that didn't really seem to help.

Thanks.

Scott