This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Version mismatch error
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 07:10:27 -0400
- Subject: Re: Version mismatch error
- References: <468429DA.31381.19F49F7@fritz.frii.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Thu, Jun 28, 2007 at 09:36:26PM -0600, Gary Fritz wrote:
>Christopher Faylor <email@example.com> wrote:
>>Is that what the instructions say? I don't think so. You shouldn't be
>>sprinkling versions of cygwin1.dll all over your drive. Just use the
>>one in cygwin/bin. Multiple copies will just cause you problems the
>>next time you update.
>I know the instructions say to delete the others. But then how do the
>other applications find the One True DLL?
Update your path or send email to the support forum for the other
application and ask them for advice.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html