This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Which package is dig and host in?
- From: Frank Fesevur <ffes at users dot sourceforge dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 18:23:27 +0200
- Subject: Re: Which package is dig and host in?
- References: <email@example.com>
At 29-6-2007 15:48, Wallace Yang wrote:
I'm looking for dig and host (which I think should be
in the dnsutils package, but I don't see the package
listed). A search reveals 128 entries for dig, and the
descriptions don't really seem to match.
There is no official cygwin package for dig and host. You can use the
cygwin-ports <http://cygwinports.dotsrc.org/> package of bind. (Would be
nice if that would become an official package BTW)
Or you can download the latest Windows version of bind
<http://www.isc.org/sw/bind/> and put dig.exe and host.exe with the
required DLLs somewhere in your path.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html