Re: cygwin on XP home edition (Please help i cant get further with this)

On Jul 15 14:11, Hennie wrote:
> Is nobody using XP home edition in combination with cygwin?

Not voluntarily, no.

> Then throw it out of the group users.
>
> you can do this in a windows cmd box with.
>
> net localgroup users USERNAME /DEL
>
> And after that do a mkpassword and mkgroup in cygwin
>
> mkuser -l > /etc/passwd
> mkgroup -u -l > /etc/group
>
> login (via ssh preferably)  as that user and give the command
>
> $groups
>
> Is it according to cygwin still in the group users ?
> If so is this a behaviour of XP home edition?
> Does this allso happen in XP professional?

It also happens on XP Professional.  I have no idea why yet.  There's
nothing special with the users group in Cygwin.  The group list is taken
from the returned user/group lists of the Win32 API.  I'm wondering if
Windows adds the Users group to the list if the user is not in any local
group.  I'll investigate this further at one point.

Corinna

Red Hat